Spent some time at a cabin surrounded by the Ocala National Forest. Ahhhhh.
Bug bite prevention ideas below.
Click a photo to start a show.
I spent a lot of time outside during the day and at night. I have 3 mosquito bites and no found ticks. The bites may have come from the first day I was there when the car was stuck in a mud hole and I was caught out without any protection. That’s a story for the next post.
First, spray shirts, shorts, hats, socks, and shoes, to be worn in the woods with Permethrin. Take clothes outside and spray. Let dry prior to packing.
Second, ideas for while you are out:
If you get bit:
- To the young man at the convenience store that just found out he won $3000 on scratch off ticket.
- To the baby deer that only made it across 4 lanes of a six lane road.
- The the sheriff that was behind me on the tail end of a speeding caravan of cars but did not stop any of us.
- To the trooper that passed me just as “paranoia strikes deep” danced from my speakers.
- To Jefferson Airplane for bringing me down but not sleepy.
“When the truth is found
To be lies
And all the joy
Within you dies”
- To the signs warning that bridges may ice first making me smile as I remember a time when I watched cars getting stuck on a bridge from my apartment window. And how I now live too far south to see these signs on my commute.
- To the GPS lady that welcomed me to Georgia but did not seem to care when I left for South Carolina.
- To all of things that I forgot because, well, I was driving. Can’t stop to take notes.
- To the rain that hugged the sky until just now.
I am sitting at my computer….working. I go to Facebook to waste time and click on a story that leads me to WP. My notification bell has a light. Today is my 5 year anniversary. Maybe this post will lead me back to posting more often. Maybe I can stop working every night because software writers and and insurance companies will suddenly stop conspiring to make medical paperwork inexplicably time consuming.
For those in the White House:
Я сижу за компьютером … работаю. Я хожу в Фейсбук, чтобы тратить время и нажимать на историю, которая ведет меня к WP. У моего звонка есть свет. Сегодня мой пятилетний юбилей. Может быть, этот пост приведет меня к отправке чаще. Может быть, я могу перестать работать каждую ночь, потому что программисты и страховые компании внезапно прекратят замышлять превращать медицинские документы в необъяснимые затраты времени.
I wonder how accurate Google translate is with sarcasm?