To be healthy and feel strong you’ve got to move it…at least a little.
I love to exercise. That is, when I have a lot of time and energy. So, not very often. I almost always like it, even on the bad days. One thing I must have is variety. I get way to bored doing the same thing everyday. Here is a countdown of some exercises on my radar. I am always looking for new ideas.
What do you do to move it?
10. Run: I may run to the car in the rain, but nope, not even a little for workouts. (knee & hip pain)
9. Swim: Would love to, however, it is way too inconvenient right now so my laziness will never make it to a pool.
8. Bike: Used to love it. After a hip injury, it hurt too much. There may be hope for this one in the future.
7. Pilates dvd: Liked it for about a month. I ended up adapting almost every exercise on it to avoid pain.
6. Parkour: I used to free run all the time…..Ya right.
5. Tae Bo: Used to love it, may try again soon. He uses a lot single leg stance moves that bother my hip….sounding older every minute.
4. Gym: There is a low cost gym only a mile from my house. No classes or frills but it has more than what I need for a good work out.
3. Elliptical: I use it the gym and I have one at home. It is the only exercise equipment that I have never hung clothes on and I have had it for 8 years.
2. Walk: Better outside than on a treadmill. I listen to a book or my playlist. My neighbors must think I’m cracked when I start grooving to the tunes.
1. Zumba! The DVD’s not the class. The world is not ready to see me Salsa. I do adapt some of the moves to avoid high knee impact or shoulder strain. This is one of the best ways to move all parts of your body. It is fun and goes by fast.