It’s that time of year! The leaves are changing. The weather is beautiful. People are sneezing and getting sinus infections. Fa la la la la…
Tips come in lists. So, here is my list:
- Wash your hands often. For at least 20 seconds. Try singing happy birthday to time yourself.
- Clean door and refrigerator handles at home.
- Do NOT share towels.
- Clean everything at work. Phones, handles, keyboards, pens…everything! Cleaning wipes or disinfectants can be used on non-porous surfaces. Lysol type sprays can be used on fabrics.
- Stay away from sick people! Be rude. They should understand and if they do not, they are rude.
- Use a humidifier. I use this if I have been exposed to sick people, if there has been a drastic change in weather, or I feel congested. I cannot stand the dripping noise while sleeping but that is the best time to use it. Solution: Two hours before bedtime turn on a humidifier in the bedroom/master bath and shut the door that leads out to the house.
- Sleep! This is no time to skimp. When you are rundown, it is much easier to succumb to the nasty viruses lurking around.
- Stay hydrated. This helps your body to stay regulated. This tip and above picture at this site.
- Supplements I take more consistently when around people with colds: Vitamin D, C, B and Echinacea.
- On standby in case I get sick: Allicin and Broccomax. Their effectiveness is controversial at best and I have yet to try either of them.
This my personal cold prevention regimen. Please add your own tips and tricks!