I have been more into smooth’n than juic’n lately, so there are no new juices to share.
I was out of town all weekend and unable to do any of it. Cannot wait to get back to it!!
If you like chocolate with an edge, this is the smoothie for you! Mine only had a slight edge, but you can go as far as you like with this.1 scoop veg protein mix
1 cup flax milk
1/8 cup cocoa
1 cup frozen banana
1 tbsp raw local honey
3 dashes from my cayenne spice bottle
Looking for a new spin on my baked chicken, I took inspiration from the food channel and made an almost pesto crusted chicken.
Combine in blender 2 large kale leaves, 3 cloves of garlic, a generous squeeze of lime, and just enough water to help the blender break it down (~1/4 cup).
Salt and pepper the chicken before topping with the almost pesto.
Bake at your preferred temperature and time for chicken.
It does taste better than the afterthought of a photo makes it look. Enjoy!
This is a principle that I learned in school.
It means that when the body is placed under some form of stress, it starts to make adaptations that will allow the body to get better at withstanding that specific form of stress in the future.
The SAID principle is generally applied to athletes that need to train for a specific sport. Do they need to focus on speed, on power, on endurance? Athletes train on the field and in the weight room for not only their sport, but their specific position.
I have begun to consider how many other areas of life that the SAID principle can be applied.
- If I sit on the couch and eat junk all day, my body adapts and becomes really good at coping with that specific habit.
- As I meditate more often, my body is becoming more adept at relaxing quickly. I am not carrying stress in my shoulders nearly as much.
- Though paddleboarding involves a great core workout, my abs were really sore after returning to the gym’s sit-up chair.
- I have heard that many writers write something everyday. Even if it is not directly related to a current project, it can improve writing.
- If faking a smile can make you happy, can whining make you more miserable?
What are you adapting to?
I explored a new lake last weekend. It is not as popular with the local stand up paddleboarders as my usual spots, but some do go out there. As the first speed boat passed by, I realized why I was the only paddler there that day. There are very few wake free zones. There were only a few boats out that day, and it is a big lake, so it was not a problem. There was no launch fee, so, I will go back.
Have you explored anywhere new lately?
I caught this show on the Animal Planet several years ago and look forward to it every Super Bowl Sunday. It started as a low budget and funny way to fill time during the Super Bowl, but has turned into quite a production. Kittens perform at half time.
Embedding has been disabled but you can check old game films on YouTube.