I went back to my LLMD after a month off antibiotics. Progress has been teasing, but I am not “there” yet. He is not 100% on why, so we decided to adjust the treatment and go at it another way. I am now on a Lyme/Bartonella protocol that is targeting cyst forms of the Lyme. Apparently, Lyme bacteria come in different forms and can hide out in biofilm and/or cysts. Different antibiotics and natural products tend to target different forms deferentially. After the first week, I am feeling better.
After taking 8,000 I.U. of sub-lingual D3 every day for several months my level was still only 36 (goal 60-80). So, he told to increase to 10,000 for now. I will also change brands to see if that helps at all.
As a side note, I listened to the recording of my visit and I am a bad patient. Poor guy was trying to figure out the puzzle and I answered his questions worse than a politician. He must have been wondering if I had even heard the questions.
Supportive treatment changes (by me, not ordered)
My adrenal support supplements have been decreased to 1-2 a day based on how I have reacted, or not reacted, to them.
Decreased B12 after increasing foot pain unexplained by any other medication timing. I have started consuming bone broth to try to get B12 more naturally. I hope B12 survives the 12 hour simmer.
Started taking a mutli vitamin with minerals or vitamin C everyday because I read all the horror stories Mr. Google shared with me when I looked up the new meds.
Oil pulling with coconut oil about 3x/week. This began after being told that I need 2 small fillings and for other various reasons.
Probiotics were doubled to 100 billion/day. I occasionally open a 15 bil and keep it in my mouth for a bit and then swallow. Tastes like unsalted saltine crackers. 🙂