A lot of people I know are musicians. People I grew up with, family, friends. When someone brings out an instrument, you know something good is going to happen. I have never seen anyone set strings on their lap and then start an argument. Maybe, Dueling Banjos.
I keep trying out new ways of adding texture and depth. This was a lot of fun to play with. I hope you can hear some music in it.
- To the young man at the convenience store that just found out he won $3000 on scratch off ticket.
- To the baby deer that only made it across 4 lanes of a six lane road.
- The the sheriff that was behind me on the tail end of a speeding caravan of cars but did not stop any of us.
- To the trooper that passed me just as “paranoia strikes deep” danced from my speakers.
- To Jefferson Airplane for bringing me down but not sleepy.
“When the truth is found
To be lies
And all the joy
Within you dies”
- To the signs warning that bridges may ice first making me smile as I remember a time when I watched cars getting stuck on a bridge from my apartment window. And how I now live too far south to see these signs on my commute.
- To the GPS lady that welcomed me to Georgia but did not seem to care when I left for South Carolina.
- To all of things that I forgot because, well, I was driving. Can’t stop to take notes.
- To the rain that hugged the sky until just now.
I am likely late to the party, but this moved me and I wished to share it.
Maybe music can unite the world?!
There are a lot of things that can put a dent in your armor as you make your way through the world. Some are small. Like, loosing a brush that you know damn well is in the house. It’s not like I walk down the street brushin….sorry, I digress. Some are big, like the illness or a loss of a loved one. There is a whole cacophony of things in between. I heard a song this morning that I had not listened to in quite awhile. It gave me a kick to push on and not stay defeated on the couch. So, my friends, whether it is injury, weight, love, work, family, exercise or simply loosing a brush, stay strong and fight on!
To be healthy and feel strong you’ve got to move it…at least a little.
I love to exercise. That is, when I have a lot of time and energy. So, not very often. I almost always like it, even on the bad days. One thing I must have is variety. I get way to bored doing the same thing everyday. Here is a countdown of some exercises on my radar. I am always looking for new ideas.
What do you do to move it?
10. Run: I may run to the car in the rain, but nope, not even a little for workouts. (knee & hip pain)
9. Swim: Would love to, however, it is way too inconvenient right now so my laziness will never make it to a pool.
8. Bike: Used to love it. After a hip injury, it hurt too much. There may be hope for this one in the future.
7. Pilates dvd: Liked it for about a month. I ended up adapting almost every exercise on it to avoid pain.
6. Parkour: I used to free run all the time…..Ya right.